Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Poem 2 (slam)

When I was a little kid, my dad loved music.
There was always a stream made up of notes floating out the crack in the door.
Being the little kid that I was, I imitated him.
I would sing whenever I had free time in my pocket.
Well, that is, until third grade,
This girl walked up to me and said:
"Hey, can you stop? It's disgusting."
The words slit through my throat like thousand pieces of tiny glass shards
Not enough to kill me but it took my voice.
I stopped singing.
I started lowering my voice so no one could see the inner tender heart I've got.
But whenever I was alone, I would still fire up that karaoke machine and sing to my heart's content,
Because I couldn't understand why people would hate me for my voice and my lack of height,
Why is it girly when it's coming from a guy?

The wounds took many years to heal.
One day, here came this girl,
She heard my sound then to me she came,
She said:
"great bait mate I rate eight out of eight"
   [wink and exit]






PS The last line was a joke I made. However, after thinking about other possible lines I found this line is not that bad


No comments:

Post a Comment