Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Poem 1

my life

I’m not the kind of guy who likes to escape reality
But reality is too much for me.
They tell me to study, and usually I obey
But the happiness slips away

I love my lessons, don’t get me wrong
But when they speak their presence becomes so strong
Their tone changes and I am forced to sing along
Deep in my heart I wish happiness goes on

I am not the favourite, nor am i the last
I know my capability, it is so vast
Can’t wake up I drown in the past
Waiting for the day to burst through my cap

Reality is always gray and grim
I try to face with a grin
Hope is getting so slim and the pain stays-
Phantom limb

My grandma phones me and grandpa send me clips about holidays
Never have I missed the button for play
Don’t know if I’m a great kid or I’m just fake
Because never have I went back to their place

I don’t want to take their place
Gone are the days I could feel their embrace
But believe me Mom watch me race

I would set my pace they can never chase

No comments:

Post a Comment